Wednesday 9 January 2013

Pork adobo

I must say I am a very lucky person. During my visit to the Philippines, I have met and made so many new friends, see many new birds, and I was taken care of by very kind and friendly people, I was so touched for the warmth and kindness I got from people there.

I was invited to stay with a very sweet birding couple, Tito Bob and Tita Cynthia. (Tito and Tita is a respectful way to address people who are at the same age like your parents in a formal way, I was told).
More than that, I had a chance to enjoy the home cooking by Tita Cynthia and I really loved the pork dish. I could not hide it on my face that I love that dish so much, thus Tita Cynthia sent me the recipe and she said its simple, you can try.

I told my friend about the dish and asked her to come and try my new recipe as I love to share my cooking with others. It turns out very tasty, though not as good as Tita Cynthia's Abodo, and here is the recipe I got from her.

This Adobo can be made either with pork, beef or chicken. What Tita Cynthia made was with pork and I really missed that so I decided to make with pork.

Ingredients:

300g pork with little bit fat
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup soya sauce (I used dark soya sauce, the taste and the color are better than the normal one)
Garlic, salt, peper and one bay leaf.

Method:

Cut the pork in small pieces then put all ingredients in a pot. Boil then add a cup of water, boil then simmer till the pork is tender.
If you like egg, you can add one egg. Boil the egg then peel and put in the port together with the pork.

We ate this with steam rice and some pickle cabbages, so yummm!

Thank you so much Tita Cynthia for the recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment